Sunday 22 March 2015

First 'Quilt as you go' double bed quilt

 Last August I joined a class to learn how to 'Quilt as you go'. The project was to make sample 12" squares, join them into panels then make into a quilt with the QAYG method. We met every fortnight to learn a new technique or get instructions for a new square. I am not a very experienced quilter so I found this very challenging.

Yesterday I finally finished my quilt. If anyone looks at it closely you can see the mistakes. Initially I was so frustrated if the points in the stars etc were not right as I am a bit of a perfectionist. However family, friends and my quilting teacher were so encouraging so I persevered.

I love red and tend to include it a lot in my projects. For this quilt I decided I wanted  Mediterranean  type colours but some were going to be too strong  for my bedroom which has a light blue carpet and cream walls. I bought blue for the background and four contrasting fabrics of blue floral, green floral, cream and terracotta floral and used stash for the rest.

Here it is on my bed :-





1 comment:

  1. This is looking wonderful, I wish I had done quilt as you go on mine. I am hoping Stef will take over when she is here. Well done to you again. x

    ReplyDelete